To set up FSPro winds:
- From the Analysis List page, select the FSPro analysis for which you want to modify the winds.
- Click View Information. The General FSPro Information page appears.
- From the left menu, select . The FSPro Winds page appears.
- Verify that the selected RAWS is the one most appropriate for the analysis.
- Set the time filter, start date, end date, start hour, and end hour.
- The month filter is typically set to one month before and after the ignition, which is the default.
- The hour filter should only include the time when the fire advances (the burning period.)
- Select the Winds Type. For Weighted Winds, a calm weight and calm threshold is automatically calculated once the wind matrix is generated. You don't need to modify the Calm Weight or Calm Threshold unless you edit the matrix.
- Click Generate Wind Matrix. After a few seconds, the generated matrix appears. The bins display a percentage, expressed as whole numbers with two decimal places (e.g., 1.54% appears as 1.54).
- Click Wind Rose. A graphical represenation of the winds appears. You can use the rose to answer the following questions:
- Is the wind direction logical?
- Are the wind speeds realistic based on current conditions and historical observations?
- Click Save Winds.
- Document your decisions about winds in the FSPro analysis notes.
You can now modify the wind matrix to fit the analysis parameters you want to include. (See Editing the Wind Matrix for more information.)
Last updated on 9/2/2011 4:08:24 PM.